As you may have heard by now, as of Monday, July 13th, the use of the mask is obligatory in the Balearics for those over six years old, under penalty of a fine of up to 100 euros.
There are a few exceptions though that we would like to point out:
- Seafront promenades if it is possible to keep the safety distance of 1.5 meter.
- Nature or outdoor spaces outside population centers.
- Beaches and swimming pools.
- Bars and restaurants while consuming. The waiters will have to wear them at all times.
- Smokers are also exempt from wearing masks.
- During physical activity, water activities or the use of wind instruments.
- For children under sixteen years of age while they participate in the usual activities with their stable group in the children’s and youth leisure activities.
- At your workplaces, whether publicly or privately owned, if the interpersonal distance of 1.5 meter between employees can be guaranteed.
- Persons who present some type of illness or respiratory difficulty that may be aggravated by their use or who, due to their situation of disability or dependence, do not have the autonomy to remove their mask, or present behavioral alterations.
- Nor is it required in cases of force majeure or situations of necessity, or when by the very nature of the activities of the use of the mask it is incompatible with the indications of the health authorities.
In addition, anyone who organizes meetings or parties that produce crowds will be fined between 3.000 to 60.000 euros.
We hope that these guidelines are helpful and that you and your family stay healthy while enjoying your stay on Mallorca!